Gas Test Atmospheres Training MSMWHS217
- DELIVERY: Face to Face Training
- COST: $150
- DURATION: Half Day Training
- INTAKE: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm (We Offer Weekend Classes)
- LOCATION: 3/14-16 Marjorie Street, Sefton NSW 2162
This Course covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
It applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. The competency requires the person to interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
Working environment may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
The unit is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This unit of competency applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
No entry requirements or prerequisites are stated for this course.
STA Entry Requirements
- Participant must be 18 years of age and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participant must have successfully completed the Australian year 12 equivalent or higher to evidence the required English Language skills to handle unit specific terminology and calculations as well as written and verbal instruction. If unable to provide, AIET will conduct an LLN Test before registration.
- Have the physical and mental capability to prepare to work safely in the construction industry. All participants attending the training are to be physically fit and wear protective clothing and required PPE.
The total duration is half day. Training and assessment are conducted.
- Confined Space Legislation & Workplace Hazards.
- Confined Space Equipment
- Reading Gas Monitor.
- Presentation, Video on Confined Space activities
- Practical Training at Confined Space Entry
- Knowledge and Practical Assessment
This course is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to enter and work in confined spaces. After the completion of the Course, Candidates will gain the following skills and expertise:
- Prepare for gas testing
- Use gas testing equipment to test gas as required
- Monitor gas on an ongoing basis as required
- Clean and maintain gas testing equipment in accordance with procedures
- Return gas testing equipment to required Location and in required Condition.
You will receive the following unit of competency:
- Nationally recognized Statement of Attainment MSMWHS217– Gas Test Atmospheres and a convenient wallet-sized card Issued through RTO #45234
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront; group booking payment terms are based on agreement.
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.