HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- DELIVERY: Face to Face Training
- COST: $120
- DURATION: 1 Day Training
- INTAKE: Monday, Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- LOCATION: 3/14-16 Marjorie Street, Sefton NSW 2162
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children, and adults in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
No entry requirements or prerequisites are stated for this course.
STA Entry Requirements
- Participants must be 18 years of age and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participants are required to know sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy, and visual interpretation skills to be fully qualified for this course.
- Have USI or create one from https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
- Participants require having a level of physical capacity to complete this course to be deemed competent or issued with a statement of certification.
- Applicants need to have the physical capability to perform CPR on manikins placed both on the floor and on a firm surface for 2 x 2 minute uninterrupted sessions including a rotation of rescuers.
The total duration is 1 day. Training and assessment are conducted.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR & Defibrillator (adult, child & infant)
- Provide basic emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Fractures and dislocations
- Burns and scalds
- Head, chest and spinal injuries
- Fainting and unconsciousness
- Bandaging techniques
- Asthma management
- Anaphylaxis management
- Poisoning, bites, stings and much more!
- Online videos & multiple choice exam
- Practical assessment: First aid & CPR demonstrations / skills
After the successful completion of the HLTAID012- Provide First Aid in an education and care setting course, the participant will gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Provide first aid with established first aid procedures.
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident.
You will receive the following unit of competency:
- Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment HLTAID012- Provide First Aid in an education and care setting RTO#45234
- A refresher is needed every 3 years for the HLTAID0012- Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront; group booking payment terms are based on agreement.
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.
Book your provide first aid in an education and care setting course online now or call us at 1300 414 209.
View our other First Aid Courses here: