HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. This unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
No entry requirements or prerequisites are stated for this course.
STA Entry Requirements
- Participant must be 18 years of age and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participants are required to know sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy, and visual interpretation skills to fully qualified for this course.
- Have USI or create one from https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
- Participants require having a level of physical capacity to complete this course to be deemed competent or issued with a statement of certification.
- Applicants need to have the physical capability to perform CPR on manikins placed both on the floor and on a firm surface for 2 x 2 minute uninterrupted sessions including a rotation of rescuers.
The total duration is 1 day. Training and assessment are conducted.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation CPR.
Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Fainting and unconsciousness
Practical CPR and Assessment demonstrate
After the completion of the course, the participant will gain the following skills and Knowledge:
- Recognize and assess an emergency situation.
- Assess the casualty and recognize the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
You will receive the following unit of competency:
- Nationally recognized Statement of Attainment HLTAID009- Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation RTO#45234
- A refresher needed every 12 Month for the HLTAID009-Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront; group booking payment terms are based on agreement.
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.