- DELIVERY: Face to Face Training
- COST: $335
- DURATION: 1 Days Training and Assessment
Practical Assessment is on separate day 4 hours
- INTAKE: Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- LOCATION: 3/14-16 Marjorie Street, Sefton NSW 2162
- COMBO PRICE: Implement Traffic Control AND Traffic Controller (Only $ 570- 2 Days Training)
This course addresses the skills and knowledge for those responsible for stopping and starting traffic in temporary traffic management using a stop/slow bat or boom gate.This program is a good entry point for those wishing to establish themselves into the traffic control/management industry.
This course does not qualify a participant to set up or work with traffic control plans.
To obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card, training and assessment must be carried out by a SafeWork approved training provider
Able to produce 100 points as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist
STA Entry Requirements
- The participant must be 17 years and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participants must have sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy, and visual interpretation skills to complete this course.
- Have the physical and mental capability to prepare to work safely in the construction industry. All participants attending the training are to be physically fit and wear protective clothing and required PPE.
- All participants must hold SafeWork NSW White Card ( or equivalent). Most Traffic Control Worksites will require the worker to have a White Card. We offer White Card Course
SafeWork NSW Conditions for Assessment
- Able to produce 100 points as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the first day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Failure to produce 100 points of identification with original documents will result in you being asked to re schedule
The total duration 2 Days. Training and Assessment & Practical Live Assessment are conducted
- Day 1-Theory questionnaires and group activities
- Day 2-Minimum practical implementation using full scale devices and vehicles in controlled and safe environments.
Note: Live Practical Assessment Day: wear suitable work boots, long trousers, long sleeved shirt, hat and a high visibility vest ( or shirt) for all Practical and Live Assessments.
- Stop/direct road users using a stop/slow bat, portable traffic light or boom gate
- Monitor traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic sign
- Maintain traffic incident reports
- Stop/direct road users using stop/slow bat and understand stopping sight distances.
- Understand the traffic Guidance Schemes (TGSs) also known as traffic Management Plans (TMPs) for the site.
- Conform to traffic control policy and procedures
- Use communication methods such as two-way radio
- Classroom activities.
- Theory questionnaires and group activities.
- Minimum practical traffic control simulation using scale devices and vehicles in controlled and safe environments
- Statement of Completion approved from SafeWork NSW is valid for 90 Days.During this time,you will be required to complete a Workplace Live Practical Assessment to receive your SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work ( TCWT) Card
You will receive Nationally recognized Statement of Attainment of the following units of Competencies:
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS206 Control traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic Signs
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.