Terms & Conditions
Refund policy for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and skills recognition.
AIET College is dedicated and is committed to every one of its students and we operate on the principal that every student is just as important and valuable as the other. For this reason AIET College has a dedicated team of professionals who invest many hours and a lot of time in assisting our students. AIET College adopts an initial screening process to ensure that the student is aware of the process, what is required to achieve their qualification or to complete a course. This is to ensure that our students who enroll with us, have the capacity to successfully complete the course which they have enrolled in through a registered training organisation. Therefore, AIET College has designed a refund policy that have proven fair.
The AIET College refund policy has therefore been designed to take into account application, administration, assessment and mapping of evidence provided, and compilation of portfolio of evidence, and identification of gap training.
The following refund policy applies to all students:
The student will be eligible for a full refund where one of the following apply:
- AIET College will refund within 30 calendar days, all student contribution fees paid where the student’s application for enrolment is refused by AIET College or
- In the unlikely event that AIET College is unable to deliver the course, the student may choose to have all tuition fees paid refunded within 30 calendar days
All refunds will be paid directly to the person who entered into the contract with AIET College in the same method they had paid AIET College less any transfer or other bank charges incurred.
NON REFUND (NOTWITHSTANDING CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW)
The student is not eligible for any refund where any one of the following circumstances apply, this is not an exhaustive list:
- The student starts the process and is unable to provide the documents required to successfully complete the RPL and skills recognition process for any reason; (Note: all students are screened over the phone in addition to emails with a list of the evidence required before the process starts, AIET College will not accept claims from students that the process or evidence required was not clear or mentioned in the initial screening)
- The student refuses to undertake gap training that may be required to demonstrate competency and identified either during a competency conversation and/or a practical observation;
- The student changes his/her mind or believe that they no longer require the qualification in which they have enrolled;
- The registered training organisation may change its evidence requirement criteria due to changing laws and regulations and the student takes more than three (3) weeks to provide required evidence;
- The student has issued fabricated documents as forms of evidence;
- The student issues fraudulent documents as forms of evidence;
- Students may choose to pay 80% of the course fee and request that the units of competencies for which evidence has been provided for to be assessed. The student will receive a transcript for the units of competencies to which they have been deemed competent for by the trainer and assessor. (Note: the student will need to provide references on the units of competencies in which they will be assessed.)
- Students who pay 80% of the course fee and received a transcript may return in future and complete the course in which case they are only required to pay the remaining 20% of the course fee (subject to change). (Note: additional evidence will be required for the remaining units of competencies and the student will need to provide references on the units of competencies in which they will be assessed. AIET College will not use the same reference document submitted. Due to various legislative reforms the evidence criteria may change.)
- If the student has made full payment of the course fee, the student may return at any time and continue the processing of the portfolio of evidence at no extra cost.
If you decide to enroll with AIET College you declare that you have accepted our refund policy terms and conditions.
HOW DO I GET A REFUND ?
To obtain a refund you are required to give written notice to cancel your enrolment and complete a Refund Request Form. Written notice may be in the form of an email or letter. Where refunds are approved, the refund payment will be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by you. This payment will be made within 30 calendar days from the time you gave written notice to cancel your enrolment.
ARE MY FEES PROTECTED?
AIET College has a responsibility to protect the fees paid by candidates.