Terms & Conditions
The tuition fees for each of qualifications provided by Safety Training Academy as well as fees for Recognition of Prior Learning are summarised in the Fee Schedule which you will receive prior to enrolment. Contained in this Fee schedule is detailed information regarding total fees, payment terms, fees and charges for additional services, and any fees paid in advance.
Fee payment schedules may be negotiated on an individual basis with the CEO. Non-payment of fees may result in cancellation of registration and non-awarding of a qualification or statement of attainment.
Students are provided with the refund policy and student enrolment form prior to enrolment. Refund information is always available from the Administration Manager.
- Non-refundable $100 booking fee
- Fee Refund Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The request for refund is made in writing to the CEO using the Fee Refund Application which is available upon request from the Administration Manager.
- The CEO is the person responsible for approval of fee refund applications.
- Course cancellation after acceptance by Safety Training Academy may occur up to 7 days prior to commencement of the course without penalty and must be made in writing, by email or by fax. A full refund minus the non-refundable enrolment fee will be paid with notice of 7 days or more.
- Course cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice after acceptance by Safety Training Academy will not result in any refund.
- Accepted students who withdraw after course commencement owing to unforeseen or exceptional circumstance can apply for fee refund. If granted, fees will be refunded on a pro-rata basis (based on the number of days remaining in the course).
- Safety Training Academy defaults if a course does not commence on the designated day or is actually cancelled. No student will be disadvantaged.
- Fee refunds will be made within 14 days after demand when Safety Training Academy defaults and within 28 days after demand when the student defaults.
- Safety Training Academy ’s dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies. This agreement does not remove the right of either party to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws for unpaid and overdue fees.
- Students may contact the Australian Skills Quality Authority to make a formal complaint.
- This refund policy is subject to review from time to time in accordance with the change to conditions policy outlined below.
- Students have a right to obtain a refund for services not provided by Safety Training Academy in the event the arrangement is terminated early or Safety Training Academy fails to provide the agreed services.
Applications for refunds may take up to 10 working days to be processed. Refund payments will be finalised no later than 21 days after dated receipt of this form.
While there is no cooling off period applicable under the Consumer Law, our refund policy provides very generous conditions should the student elect not to proceed with their enrolment in the course offered.
Safety Training Academy reserves the right to change fees, conditions, course times or course commencement dates. You will be notified as soon as practicable of any changes to our operations. If there are any changes that may affect your training and/or assessment, including in relation to any third party arrangements or changes in ownership, you will be notified as soon as practicable.