Implement Traffic Control Plans Course
- DELIVERY: Face to Face Training
- COST: $380
- DURATION: 1 Day Training and Assessment
practical live assessment is on a separate day (4 hours)
- INTAKE: Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- LOCATION: 3/14-16 Marjorie Street, Sefton NSW 2162
- COMBO PRICE: Implement Traffic Control AND Traffic Controller (Only $ 570- 2 Days Training)
This course addresses the skills and knowledge for personnel responsible for traffic management on a site to implement a work zone traffic management plan in the immediate vicinity of a workplace.
This course does not qualify a participant to control traffic with a stop/slow bat or boom gate, or to modify existing traffic control plans.
This program is suited to those who have traffic controller experience and wish to further their career within the traffic control/management industry.
To obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card, training and assessment must be carried out by a SafeWork approved training provider.
Able to produce 100 points as per SafeWork NSW identification checklist
STA Entry Requirements
- Participant must be 17 years of age and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participants must have sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy, and visual interpretation skills to complete this course.
- Have the physical and mental capability to prepare to work safely in the construction industry. All participants attending the training are to be physically fit and wear protective clothing and required PPE.
SafeWork NSW Conditions for Assessment
- Able to produce 100 points as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the first day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Failure to produce 100 points of identification with original documents will result in you being asked to re schedule
- All participants must hold SafeWork NSW White Card ( or equivalent). Most traffic control Worksites will require the worker to have aa White Card. We offer White Card Course.
The total duration 2 Days. Training and Assessment & Practical Assessment are conducted.
- Day 1-Theory questionnaires and group activities
- Day 2-Minimum practical implementation using full scale devices and vehicles in controlled and safe environments.
Note: Live Practical Assessment Day: Wear suitable work boots, long trousers, long sleeved shirt, hat and a high visibility vest ( or shirt) for all practical training and live assessments.
- Identify safety implication of traffic control at roads work and personal
- Check, Clean and store equipment on completion of work and close down a TGS/TMP
- Set up, monitor and close down traffic control devices according to a nominated TGS/TMP, to WHS and legislative requirements.
- Understand speed,environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density,sight lines,environmental conditions, weather patterns and surface type & how these may impact the safety of temporary traffic control site.
- Operate a two-way radio correctly and effectively.
- Know the basic function of the TGS/IMP system
- Maintain traffic incidents report
- Monitor Traffic controllers.
- Statement of Completion approved from SafeWork NSW is issued valid for 90 Days. During this time, you will be required to complete a workplace live practical assessment to receive your SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card.
You will receive Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment of the following units of competencies:
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS policies and procedures.
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management process
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
- RIIWHS303 Position, set-up and program portable traffic control devices.
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.