CPCCDE4008 Supervise Asbestos Removal
- DELIVERY: Face to Face Training
- COST: $350
- DURATION: 1 Day Training
- INTAKE: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm (We Offer Weekend Classes)
- LOCATION: 3/14-16 Marjorie Street, Sefton NSW 2162
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the worksite, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
Site locations include domestic, commercial, demolition and construction, ships, soils and fences.
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A – ‘Work safely in the construction industry’obtained after May 2009 OR CPCCWHS1001 – ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’
- Must complete a Statement of Attainment in CPCCDE3014A Remove non friable asbestos or CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos and present on the day of training.
- Able to produce 100 points as per the Safe Work NSW identification checklist.
STA Entry Requirements
- The participant must be 18 years and above (AIET does not train underage students)
- Participants must have sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy, and visual interpretation skills to complete this course.
- Have the physical and mental capability to prepare to work safely in the construction industry. All participants attending the training are to be physically fit and wear protective clothing and required PPE
The total duration is 1 day. Training and assessment are conducted.
SafeWork NSW Conditions for Assessment
- Able to produce 100 points as per the SafeWork NSW identification checklist.
- Failure to produce 100 points of identification with original documents will result in you being asked to re schedule
- Removal of Asbestos Code of Practice
- SWMS, Site Plan, ARCP & Removal Protocols
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the asbestos removalist.
- Presentation, Video on Asbestos removal
- Knowledge and Practical Assessment
This unit specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process,
- Including preparing the work area and the work site
- Using safe and compliant removal practices
- Maintaining safety procedures
- Supervising the decontamination and removal processes
- Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP)
You will receive the following unit of competency:
Nationally recognized Statement of Attainment CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal and convenient wallet-sized card issued through RTO#45234
Once I have completed this training, do I have to apply for a supervisor licence?
No. You will need to hold either a class A or class B asbestos removal licence (depending on what type of asbestos removal you will be supervising). Successful completion of this unit of competency is all that is required to be deemed a supervisor. No additional license is necessary.
Fees and Charges
- Group discounts apply
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront; group booking payment terms are based on agreement.
Other Charges; Certificate Reissuance; $22 per item.
Book your Supervise Asbestos Removal Course online now or call us at 1300 414 209.
View our other Asbestos Removal Courses here: